Sunday, May 11, 2008

Moms; Remembering mine, Loving yours.

On this Mothers day I am thinking about my mother and missing her. To help with the missing part I think about the wonderful mother she was to me and it helps me. She was the best. I miss the early morning conversations around the kitchen table before we started our day. I miss the late night talks after the day was through to discuss the happenings of the day and the lessons learned. I miss her humor. She could make me smile no matter what was going on in my life and help me to see and understand that life was good. I miss her positive spirit. She could take a bad situation and turn it into a positive.I miss the way she walked. Her sweet short stature with that energitic shuffle like she was always late to get things done. I miss her apple pie, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and Sunday dinners. She could cook and always made sure that I had something to eat. I miss her love and compassion for others. She was always doing for others and that was a great example for me and sometimes I forget the example taht she taught. I miss being able to do things for her and seeing her smile and know that she was happy and pleased. I miss how she adored my wife and children. She truly was a wonderful grandmother and mother-inlaw(I think she was a more a second mom). I miss her love and sometimes its hard when I think about her and all the things that she meant to me and my life. I am grateful for her and the life taht she lived. She taught me how to live my lifeand enjoy it. She taught me that I needed to find someone to share my life with who I could love and who would love me back. Someone who would compliment my life and improve me in who I am and who I could be. Someone who would be a friend and partner through lifes journey no matter what might come. I followed her guidance and was lucky enough to find that person in your mother. I love her very much and grow to love her more every day that we have together. I am greatful for her example. I am greatful for the relationship that she has with our daughters. As I watch each of you in your lifes I can see her influence in each of you and it makes me smile. Her example and teachings and love has molded each of you into beautiful women, in whom I am very proud of and love with all my heart. I am so thankful for all the women in my life. You all mean so much to me and I thank Heavenly Father every day that he blessed my life with his choice daughters to share my life with. To learn from, to grow with, to laugh with, to build memories with and most of all to love and be loved.

3 comments:

Dave and Lindsay said...

Grandma was such a wonderful person, and I love and miss her so so much too! I am grateful for the example that she was to you and for the person that she raised you to be. I am grateful for the example that you and mom are to me and for the relationship that I have with both of you. I love you both very much and couldn't have asked for better parents. And to mom, Happy Mother's Day, I love you

Andrea said...

Are you trying to make me cry? I miss grandma so much. I am glad you shared those things you love about her.
Mom is great too. I am thankful for good parents who taught me how to be a good mother.
Thanks for sharing that Dad!!
Happy Mothers Day MOM!!

KW said...

Dad, I am so glad you posted this... it really means a lot to actually hear how you feel about Grandma. I miss her so much, she was so a great person. You couldn't have asked for a better mother.